Thursday, June 3, 2010

(w)hole / someone's home video



video degradation process/performance w/video, Cal-IT2 UCSD, December 08
One of the main ideas I have been interested in, for some time now, is the process of deconstruction (through video and other means), whereby the degradation, destruction, corrosion and decomposition of an object serves to create the art aesthetic. To me, this has always had something to do with the death of one thing leading to the manifestation of another thing all together. One main thing I have looked at is the object versions (photos/video) of performance. I think I personally view the records of such performances as neo-sculptures.... but I am still thinking about all of this.



someone's home video upload... cool distortion study

No comments:

Post a Comment